Public Relations Manager Internship APPLY NOW
Who We Are
GiftAFeeling is a globally recognized thought leader and the #1 leading R&D company in the gifting and giveaway domain around the world. It's Shared Secrets Lab is the only research lab in the world that educates people, both individuals and organizations, on gift-giving based on research done on human psychology. Learn more about us here.
We are looking for a Public Relations (PR) Manager Intern to organize and oversee PR activities and ensure effective communication with stakeholders, media and the public.
As a PR Manager, you should be an organized and cool-tempered professional who is able to handle a crisis. We expect you to have a creative mind and excellent communication skills. You will also be responsible to work with our human resources team to create and lead a local and a global team of PR Associate Interns. Finally, if you are also confident in your public speaking and project management abilities, we’d like to meet you.
Your goal will be to cultivate a positive company image and get more brand visibility in media outlets both locally and internationally.
- Build and manage a team of PR Associates interns looing over both local and international press releases.
- Develop PR campaigns and media relations strategies
- Develop a marketing communications plan including strategy, goals, budget and tactics.
- Develop media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media
- Direct social media team to engage audiences across traditional and new media
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests
- Create content for press releases, byline articles and keynote presentations. Collaborate with internal teams (e.g. marketing) and maintain open communication with senior management.
- Edit and update promotional material and publications (brochures, videos, social media posts etc.)
- Prepare and distribute press releases
- Organize PR events (e.g. open days, press conferences) and serve as the company’s spokesperson
- Seek opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising
- Track media coverage and follow industry trends
- Post on company's social media platform and report engagement/results.
- Prepare and submit PR reports
- Manage PR issues
- Build relationships with thought leaders to grow industry awareness
- Currently enrolled in BSc/BA in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or a related field.
- Knowledge of managing media relations (online, broadcast and print)
- Background in researching, writing and editing publications
- Experience in writing and publishing press releases
- Familiarity with project management software and video/photo editing is a plus
- Strong communication ability (oral and written)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Creativity and problem-solving aptitude
- Work for a modern age North American startup in a wholesome and easy going agile environment.
- Access to a variety of tasks and departments for exploration
- Mentorship and trainings from Industry leading experts and Guru's
- Secure good references, opportunities to build professional network, and recommendations (recommendation and appreciation letters)
- Potential transition to a permanent, full time job.
- Lucrative incentives based on the performance.
- Independence to explore different segments and openness to new innovate ideas. Potential patent help will be provided if required.
2022-04-22|||Toronto (however this position is fully remote - WFH)|||||||||GW.uWR.A1SwuiHZg|||INTERN|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false