Human Resources Associate APPLY NOW
Who We Are
GiftAFeeling is a startup based in primarily in Toronto, Canada. However, its major customer base and audience is not limited to Canada, but covers a major part of USA. As the name suggests, GiftAFeeling is an e-commerce store, specialized in producing and selling personalized gifts.
What Is It
This is a Full Time 6 months contract role with fixed salary and variable incentives based on the performance. The selected candidate will have a thorough understanding of a large-scale human resources department. They will responsible for assisting the HR director with a variety of duties, including new hire onboarding, orientation, payroll and benefits administration, employee assistance and special assignments as needed.
To excel in this role, you will have excellent communication and networking skills, and a strong presence on social media. Previous experience as a brand ambassador or similar role is strongly desired, as well as knowledge of sales and marketing principles.
What You Will Do
- Manage benefits program and vendor relationships.
- Form and maintain relationships with new vendors, partners, collaborators, etc., Be the face of the brand!
- Assist employees with questions, issues and enrollment.
- Maintain database of employee records as well as all active and inactive applications.
- Conduct initial screening interviews and contacts references to verify background.
- Conduct all new-hire orientations.
- Assist with the development of new-hire training material.
- Work directly with our third-party vendor to assist out-of-state employees with relocation.
- Coordinate flight, car and hotel arrangements for candidate interviews.
- Contribute to ongoing recruiting efforts as needed.
- Mitigate employee relation issues while adhering to company, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Maintain complete confidentiality of all HR-related information.
- Continually work with department to streamline the hiring process and improve internal policies.
- BA/BS in business, human resources, organizational leadership or related field is required
- New graduate or 1 year of experience in the field of human resources.
- Working knowledge of LinkedIn, Indeed as well as social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.
- Highly proficient with Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to maintain employee confidentiality
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Available for occasional travel to remote sites < 10%
- Experience with ADP payroll is preferred
- Work for a modern age North American startup in a wholesome and easy going agile environment.
- Access to a variety of tasks and departments for exploration
- Mentorship and trainings from Industry leading experts and Guru's
- Secure good references, opportunities to build professional network, and recommendations (recommendation and appreciation letters)
- Potential transition to a permanent, full time job.
- Lucrative incentives based on the performance.
- Independence to explore different segments and openness to new innovate ideas. Potential patent help will be provided if required.
2021-06-30|||Toronto (however this position is fully remote)|||Human Resources||||||a2n.uU.vtC~4b9Nn|||FULL_TIME|||CAD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false