Graphic Designer/Video Editor APPLY NOW
Who We Are
GiftAFeeling is a startup based in primarily in Toronto, Canada. However, its major customer base and audience is not limited to Canada, but covers a major part of USA. As the name suggests, GiftAFeeling is an e-commerce store, specialized in producing and selling personalized gifts.
What Is It
We are looking for a Graphic Designer/Video Editor to create engaging and on-brand graphics for a variety of media.
It includes the entire process of defining requirements, visualizing and creating graphics including illustrations, logos, layouts and photos. You’ll be the one to shape the visual aspects of websites, videos, infographics, illustractions, books, magazines, product designs and packaging, exhibitions and more.
Your graphics should capture the attention of those who see them and communicate the right message. For this, you need to have a creative flair and a strong ability to translate requirements into design. If you can communicate well and work methodically as part of a team, we’d like to meet you.
The goal is to inspire and attract the target audience.
What You Will Do
- Create infographics for different campaigns
- Create/Edit educational videos using the interviews provided for all our media platforms.
- Study design briefs and determine requirements
- Schedule projects and define budget constraints
- Conceptualize visuals based on requirements
- Prepare rough drafts and present ideas
- Develop illustrations, logos and other designs using software or by hand
- Use the appropriate colors and layouts for each graphic
- Work with copywriters and creative director to produce final design
- Test graphics across various media
- Amend designs after feedback
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand
- Availability for a 6 months full-time contract role.
- Proven graphic designing skills/experience
- A strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics
- Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop)
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Degree in Design, Fine Arts or related field is a plus (students can apply as well)
What's In It For You
- Work with the industry experts from marketing, design, and technology lines of businesses.
- Limitless learning opportunities. Possible conversion into a full-time role at our company.
- Guidance and mentorship provided throughout the term
- Certificates, Work Experience report, co-op reviews, and credits for work provided on request.
- Opportunity to work full-time in a multi-national firm depending on the skillsets and work ethics.
- Work for a modern age North American startup in a wholesome and easy going agile environment.
- Access to a variety of tasks and departments for exploration
- Mentorship and trainings from Industry leading experts and Guru's
- Secure good references, opportunities to build professional network, and recommendations (recommendation and appreciation letters)
- Potential transition to a permanent, full time job.
- Lucrative incentives based on the performance.
- Independence to explore different segments and openness to new innovate ideas. Potential patent help will be provided if required.
2021-07-31|||Toronto |||Global Visual Communications||||||h.kFX3pv2jb9HkT3|||CONTRACTOR|||CAD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false